About WBJEE 2021
The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations (WBJEE) is an undergraduate state level entrance exam. WBJEE conducted once a year in an offline mode for students looking to pursue their bachelor's degree in Engineering, Architecture, and Pharmacy, i.e., B.Tech/ B.E, Pharma.D, and B.Pharmacy, B.Arch, etc. This examination is conducted by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board, in about 23 cities in West Bengal and 2 cities other than West Bengal.
WBJEE is a pen and paper based examination that consists of 155 questions from Physica, Chemistry, and Mathematics. It consists of two papers, i.e., Paper I (Mathematics), and Paper II (Physics and Chemistry). The paper consists of questions based on both the XI and XII subjects of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. Aspiring candidates must have to complete the exam within a time duration of 2 hours.
Candidates who are opting for both I and II papers become eligible to take admission to any undergraduate course in the field of Engineering, Architecture, and Pharmacy. If the candidate appears only in Paper 2, then their only option will be to take admission in pharmacy courses only (except in Jadavpur University).
WBJEE Exam 2021: Key Element
WBJEE Important Dates 2021 Exam
Candidates can check all the important dates such as application form, admit card, exam, and the result of the WBJEE exam from the table mentioned below:
WBJEE Eligibility Criteria 2021
In order to write the WBJEE examination, all applicants need to pass the eligibility criteria. These criteria are stated below:
- A candidate seeking admission for the undergraduate courses must have passed class 10+2 or equivalent from a recognized board or university with a minimum of 45% aggregate marks in compulsory subjects.
- Relaxation of 5% has been given to the reserved category (40%).
- Candidates must also clear the English with at least 30% marks.
- Compulsory Subjects: Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics /Biology
- Nationality: Only Indian Nationals are eligible.
- Age Limit: 17 years as on December 31, 2021
- Students in Class 10+2 or awaiting board results are also eligible to apply for WBJEE.
WBJEE Exam Pattern 2021
WBJEE 2021exam is conducted in the pen and paper based offline (PBT) mode. The WBJEE paper consists of 155 questions that are divided into two papers, i.e., Paper I, and Paper II comprise the subjects such as Mathematics (for paper I), and Physics, and Chemistry (for paper II). Paper I and Paper II are conducted into two shifts.
Students have to choose the exam paper based on the course they are opted for. They will have to answer all the questions within the time duration of 2 hours.
In the WBJEE exam, candidates who opted for both the exam, after getting qualified they become eligible to take admission in all the courses offered by the WBJEE exam, i.e., Engineering, Architecture, and Pharmacy. But if the candidates only appeared in paper II, then they will only be eligible for taking admission in the Pharmacy courses (except in Jadavpur University). The question paper is also divided into three categories for each subject.
- WBJEE 2021 entrance will going to be conducted in pen and paper based offline (PBT) mode.
- The paper consists of MCQ type questions.
- Duration: 2 hours
- Total no of questions: 155 Questions
- Paper I – Mathematics
- Paper II – Physics and Chemistry combined
WBJEE is a state level entrance exam conducted every year by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board, West Bengal for providing admission in the undergraduate Engineering, Architecture, and Pharmacy courses at different institutes/colleges at West Bengal. The WBJEE exam consists of 2 papers, i.e., Paper 1 (Physics, Chemistry) and Paper 2 (Mathematics). Tabulated below is the important topics covered by different subjects in the syllabus of the WBJEE 2021 exam:
WBJEE Physics Syllabus 2021
The section of Physics in the WBJEE 2021 exam consisting of 40 questions. The WBJEE 2021 exam syllabus for this section are as follows:
WBJEE Chemistry Syllabus 2021
The section of Chemistry in the WBJEE 2021 exam consisting of 40 questions. The WBJEE 2021 exam syllabus for this section are as follows:
WBJEE Mathematics Syllabus 2021
The section of Mathematics in the WBJEE 2021 exam consisting of 75 questions. The WBJEE 2021 exam syllabus for this section are as follows:
WBJEE Exam Registration Process 2021
Candidates who want to participate in the WBJEE exam 2021 have to apply for the exam by filling the application form through the official website. It is an online process that involves the following steps:
Step 1: Registration
- Visit the official website of WBJEE – Click Here
- Click on the link Fill WBJEE 2021 Registration Form.
- Click on New Registration after which you will be redirected to the registration page where you have to click on the Click here to proceed.
Step 2: Fill WBJEE online application form 2021
- After doing the registration process the form will have appeared in front of you and you have to fill in all the required details in it.
Step 3: Upload Documents
- Upload the scanned photograph (Check the Dimension).
- Upload the scanned signature (Check the Dimension).
Step 4: Fee Payment
- After clicking Save & Next, the fee payment page will be redirected.
- Choose payment mode (Net Banking, Credit card, and Debit Card).
- Click Proceed to pay.
Step 5: Final Submission
- After completing all the steps mentioned above candidates will have to do the final submission of the WBJEE form.
- Don’t forget to download the filled-in application form.
Colleges accepting WBJEE 2021 Score
Listed below are some of the top Colleges/institutes accepting the scores of the WBJEE entrance exam:
- Jadavpur University - JU, Kolkata, West Bengal
- University of Calcutta - CU, Kolkata, West Bengal
- Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology - MAKAUT, Kolkata, West Bengal
- Haldia Institute of Technology - HIT, Haldia, West Bengal
- Techno India Salt Lake, Kolkata, West Bengal
- Institute of Engineering and Management, Kolkata, West Bengal
- Adamas University, Kolkata, West Bengal
- Seacom Skills University, Santiniketan, West Bengal
- NSHM Knowledge Campus, Durgapur, West Bengal
WBJEE Exam Centers 2021
There are overall 23 districts in the state of West Bengal and 2 outside of West Bengal state where the WBJEE will be conducted. The exam centers, cities, and center codes can be seen in the table below:
WBJEE Exam Domestic Centers of West Bengal
WBJEE Exam Centers other than West Bengal
WBJEE FAQs 2021
Q1. Only the belongings of West Bengal can appear in this exam?
A1. No, students who belong to any of the states in India can give WBJEE exam. There isn't any requirement for West Bengal residence status.
Q2. By giving the WBJEE exam in which course can I get admitted?
A2. WBJEE is a state-level entrance exam conducted to provide admission to students in undergraduate engineering, technology, architecture, and pharmacy courses offered by various private and government colleges in West Bengal.
Q3. Which is better Wbjee or JEE mains?
A3. WBJEE is a state level exam that is conducted in West Bengal to get admission in various undergraduate engineering courses.
JEE is a national level exam that is conducted every year to get admission in an undergraduate engineering course. JEE score is accepted by every college and you can get admission to a good college according to your marks obtained.
It depends on what you want to do both the entrance exams are for to take admission in undergraduate engineering course. but WBJEE is for the state level and JEE main is for the national level.
Q4. I only appeared in paper II of the WBJEE exam. Am I eligible to take admission in Engineering Courses?
A4. No, the candidates who only appeared in paper II, are only eligible for taking admission in the Pharmacy courses (except in Jadavpur University).
Q5. How to apply for WBJEE?
- Online WBJEE Registration
- Fill WBJEE Application Form
- Upload Photograph and Signature
- Pay WBJEE Application Fee
- WBJEE Confirmation Page (When WBJEE application form is filled completely, a confirmation page will be generated)
Best Wishes to all the WBJEE exam aspirants from the CollegeMarg team!