About MHT CET 2021
Maharashtra Common Entrance Test is an online undergraduate state level examination conducted once a year for students looking to pursue their bachelor's degree in Engineering and Pharmacy fields, i.e., B.Tech/ B.E, Pharma.D, and B.Pharmacy. This examination is conducted by the State Common Entrance Test Cell, Maharashtra, in about 48 cities in Maharashtra and 12 cities other than Maharashtra. There are over 1 lakh applicants that take up this examination every year.
MHT CET is a computer-based online examination that consists of 50 questions from each Subject. It consists of three papers, i.e., paper I, paper II, and paper III, which candidates have to choose according to the course they are opted for. The paper consists of questions based on both the XI and XII subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology. Aspiring candidates must have to complete the exam within a time duration of 2 hours 30 minutes.
For other state level exams of Maharashtra state click on the exams given below:
MHT CET Exam 2021: Key Element
MHT CET Exam Important Dates 2021
Candidates can check all the important dates such as application form, admit card, exam, and the result of MHT CET exam from the table mentioned below:
MHT CET Eligibility Criteria 2021
In order to write the MHT CET examination, all applicants need to pass the eligibility criteria. These criteria are stated below:
- A candidate seeking admission for the undergraduate courses must have passed class 10+2 or equivalent in a relevant stream from a recognized board or university with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks.
- Relaxation of 5% has been given to the reserved category.
- Nationality: Only Indian Nationals are eligible.
- Students in Class 10+2 or awaiting board results are also eligible to apply for MHT CET.
MHT CET Exam Pattern 2021
MHT CET 2021exam is conducted in the computer-based online (CBT) mode. The MHT CET exam consists of 50 questions from each subject. The exam paper is divided into three papers, i.e., Paper I, Paper II, and Paper III comprise the subjects such as Mathematics (for paper I), Physics, Chemistry (for paper II), and biology (for paper III). Students have to choose the exam paper based on the course they are opted for. They will have to answer all the questions within the time duration. In the MHT CET exam, 20% weightage will be given to the 11th class syllabus means that 20 percent of questions out of the 50 questions will be asked from the syllabus of class XIth.
- MHT CET 2021 entrance will be going to be conducted in computer-based mode.
- The paper consists of MCQ type questions.
- 90 minutes – Mathematics (Paper I)
- 90 minutes – Physics/Chemistry (Paper II)
- 90 minutes – Biology (Paper III)
- Total no of questions: 50 Questions from each subject
- Each correct answer in the exam will consist of 02 marks in paper I (mathematics) and 01 marks in paper II (physics and chemistry).
- No marks will be deducted for wrong answers and unattempted questions.
- According to the course, one has opted for they have to choose the subjects from the given group, i.e., group 1: PCM and group 2: PCB
MHT CET Syllabus 2021
The syllabus consists of topics from Physics, Chemistry, Maths, and Biology (depending upon the subjects selected during registration based on the course one is opted for) from the basic curriculum of classes 11 and 12.
Given below is the syllabus for the subjects of PCMB:
MHT CET Physics Syllabus
MHT CET Chemistry Syllabus
MHT CET Mathematics Syllabus
MHT CET Biology Syllabus
MHT CET Exam Registration Process 2021
Candidates who want to participate in the MHT CET exam have to apply for the exam by filling the application form through the official website. It is an online process that involves the following steps:
Step 1: Registration
- Visit the official website of MHT CET 2021
- Fill in the required details.
- After submitting the details, your user login ID and password will get generated that will be used for the further process.
Step 2: Fill MHT CET online application form 2021
- Re-login using unique MHT CET ID
- Fill in all the details that are required, such as contact, personal, education, etc.
Step 3: Upload Documents
- Upload the scanned photograph (15 KB to 50 KB.).
- Upload the scanned signature (5 KB to 20 KB).
Step 4: Fee Payment
- Choose payment mode (Net Banking, Credit card, and Debit Card).
Step 5: Final Submission
- After completing all the steps mentioned above, candidates will have to do the final submission of the MHT CET application form.
Courses Offered MHT CET 2021 Score
Listed below are the courses offered by the MHT CET exam 2021:
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech)
- Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.)
- Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharma.D)
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharma)
Colleges accepting MHT CET 2021 Score
Listed below are some of the top Colleges/institutes accepting the scores of the MHT CET entrance exam:
- K. J. Somaiya College of Engineering
- Sinhgad Academy of Engineering
- Sardar Patel College of Engineering
- Government College of Engineering, Amravati
- Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Technology, Mumbai
- NBN Singhad School of Engineering
- Dr. D. Y. Patil Institute of Technology, Dr. D. Y. Patil Vidya Pratishthan Society
- Sinhgad Institute of Technology and Science
- Lokmanya Tilak College of Engineering
- ICT - Institute Of Chemical Technology
MHT CET Exam Centres
There are overall 36 districts in the state of Maharashtra and 12 outside of Maharashtra state where the MHT CET will be conducted. These districts can be distributed into eight divisional authorities. These include Mumbai, Pune, Amravati, Nagpur, Nashik, Aurangabad, Nanded, and Sangli.
The exam centers, cities and center codes can be seen in the table below:
Domestic Centers of Maharashtra
Exam Centers Other than Maharashtra
Candidate Statistics of MHT CET 2021
MHT CET Exam Tips
Candidates who are intending to appear in the MHT CET need a study plan that is detailed and efficient, so it can cover-up all the syllabus for the MHT CET. Also, the new syllabus has some addition of topics from class 11th as well. It might seem a bit more tricky for the candidate to complete the syllabus in time and score optimally in the required amount of time. But even after completing all the syllabus, the candidate must revise the given syllabus and work towards solving the questions at a fast pace so it can help them not only in clearing the cut-off but also to score higher marks to get a lower rank.
Candidates should practice through the previous year's question papers and make sure that they mark the tricky questions to remember what to go through during the final few days of revision.
It is suggested that the candidate should attempt the easy questions first and uses the saved time to venture into the more difficult questions that require more time.
As there is no negative-marking scheme, the candidates should try and attempt all the questions. Attempting these questions brings in the possibility that the answers should be correct. Hence, use this opportunity to the fullest to score good marks in the exam.
The question paper’s difficulty level is considered easy to moderate. Direct questions based on the formulas and the NCERT textbooks are asked in the examination that enables the aspirants to solve the questions in an easier and faster manner. Candidates should make sure that they attempt and focus on solving these direct questions first.
As this examination has no negative marking, the candidate should maintain an accuracy level of 80% or above for both the Maths and Science papers. Mathematics holds the highest weightage and should not be overlooked. A higher priority should be given to it while the candidate is preparing for the exam in order to score more.
MHT CET FAQs
Q1. What is the duration of the examination?
A1. The duration for the MHT CET exam is as follows:
- Mathematics - 90 minutes
- Physics & Chemistry paper - 90 minutes (combined)
- Biology – 90 minutes
Q2. Where can I get the application form?
A2. The application form is made available on the official website mhtcet2020.mahaonline.gov.in and can be filled and processed only in online mode.
Q3. What are the necessary steps involved in the process to fill the application form?
A3. The Online Application Submission has four steps in the following process:
- Registration which includes the creation of a Username and a Password
- Filling up Application Form for MHT CET 2021: State your personal and educational details on the online application form.
- Upload your Photograph and Signature: Candidates have to upload a recent photograph and signature as per the specified format and file size.
- Payment of Fees: The candidate needs to make the payment of fees using the online payment mode only.
Q4. What has to be the size and format of the uploaded photo?
A4. The size of the photograph should be between 15 KB and 50 KB, whereas the signature should be between 5 KB and 20 KB per file. Photograph and signature are to be submitted in .jpg format.
Q5. What is the relevant fee required for the application to the MHT CET exam?
A5. If the candidate has chosen only PCM or only PCB:
- General Category - 800 INR
- Reserved Categories if the candidate from the State of Maharashtra - 600 INR
If any candidate opts for both the groups, i.e., PCM and PCB:
- General Category - 1600 INR
- Reserve Categories candidates from the State of Maharashtra - 1200 INR
Best Wishes to all the MHT CET exam aspirants from the CollegeMarg team!