About NMAT 2021
NMAT is popularly known as the NMIMS Management Aptitude Test, which is a postgraduate entrance test conducted every year by the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) to provide admission in MBA/PGDM courses that come under the Bumbershoot of different B-Schools of India. NMAT is a computer-based online examination that consists of 108 questions, which is divided into three sections, i.e., Language Skills, Quantitative Skills, and Logical Reasoning.
After clearing the NMAT entrance exam, students have to go through the WAT (Writing Ability Test) or Case Discussion (CD), and Personal Interview (PI) or some other rounds for getting admission in different B-Schools as per the guidelines issued by the admission authority of the colleges. NMAT 2021 will be conducted from November 4, 2020, to January 30, 2021.
NMAT Exam 2021: Key Element
NMAT Exam 2021: Important Dates
Important dates of the NMAT 2021 exam, such as application form, admit card, exam, and result, are listed below. Candidates must go through the dates related to the NMAT exam by mentioned below table:
NMAT Exam 2021: Registration Process
NMAT Exam 2021 registration process commences on September 14, 2020, till January 17, 2021. Candidates who want to participate in the exam have to apply for the exam by filling the application form through the official website of the NMAT. It is an online process that involves the following steps:
- Create an account using a valid email address on the official website of NMAT 2021.
- Fill in personal and academic information along with the details of work experience.
- Selection of programs to which candidates wish to send their scores.
- Upload scanned photograph and signature.
- Submit it with the application fee.
- Scheduling of the exam.
- Visit the participating school website and complete the registration process.
The candidates will receive an email with a unique registration number after the process of registration is successfully over.
NMAT Exam 2021: Eligibility
Candidates who want to join the MBA program need to take the common entrance exam NMAT conducted by the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC). For this, students have to be fit the NMAT eligibility criteria issued by the exam conducting authority GMAC. Listed below are the eligibility criteria for the NMAT 2021 entrance exam:
- Candidates should possess a bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university/institute with an aggregate of 50%.
- Final year candidates can also apply, but their admission shall be subjected to the submission of the passing certificate of the final year, i.e., a minimum of 50% marks (before June 2021).
- Reservation of 5% is provided to the SC/ST students for appearing at the entrance (45% marks are required by them to be eligible).
NMAT Exam 2021: Exam Layout
NMAT 2021 exam is going to be a computer-based online exam. The exam is expected to hold a moderate difficulty level, and apart from this, its question paper will contain 108 questions and the question paper is divided into three sections, i.e., Language Skills, Quantitative Skills, and Logical Reasoning.
- The paper consists of MCQ questions
- The time duration for the exam is 120 minutes.
- Each correct answer will carry 1 mark
- No marks shall be deducted for giving an incorrect answer.
NMAT Exam 2021: Admission Procedure
Eligible candidates, on the basis of the NMAT 2021 score, can apply for admission in MBA/PGDM programs at 41 B-Schools across India, and 10 in South Africa, 8 in the Philippines, and 6 in Nigeria. Candidates who cleared the NMAT 2021 have to go through a Written Ability Test (WAT)/Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI) round for getting final admission in an Institute.
The final merit list will be prepared based on the different rounds of NMAT 2021 conducting by the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC), i.e., NMAT Score, Written Ability Test (WAT)/Group Discussion (GD), and Personal Interview (PI) performance. Based on the merit list, seat allotment takes place. After this, candidates can report to the institution for acknowledging the admission.
Step 1: NMAT 2021 Exam
Candidates will have to appear and pass the NMAT 2021 exam to get admission to the MBA/PGDM programs.
Step 2: Shortlisting
Merit list will be prepared based on the marks obtained by the candidates in the NMAT 2021 entrance exam, after which they get shortlisted on the basis of cutoff released by the participating institutes.
Step 3: Selection Rounds
Shortlisted candidates will be called for the further selection process that consists of the following rounds based on the rules of their institution/college:
- Pre Interview Test (PIT)/Group Discussion (GD)
- Personal Interview (PI)
Step 4: Final Selection
The final list of selected candidates will be prepared based on the additional selection rounds. After this, selected candidates have to report to the institution for the submission of the document.
NMAT Exam 2021: Syllabus
The NMAT exam consists of 3 sections, i.e., Language Skills, Quantitative Skills, and Logical Reasoning. Tabulated below are the important topics covered by different sections in the syllabus of the NMAT 2021 exam:
The section of Language Skills in the NMAT 2021 exam consisting of 36 questions. The NMAT 2021 exam syllabus for this section are as follows:
The section on Logical Reasoning in the NMAT 2021 exam consisting of 36 questions. The NMAT 2021 exam syllabus for this section are as follows:
The section of Quantitative Skills in the NMAT 2021 exam consisting of 36 questions. The NMAT 2021 exam syllabus for this section are as follows:
NMAT Exam 2021: Guidelines
NMAT 2021 exam is going to be an online exam. Candidates are recommended to make the instructions clear in their minds while appearing for the NMAT 2021 exam. The exam day guidelines for NMAT 2021 Exam are listed below:
- Candidates must have reached the exam center on reporting time. Entries after gate closure time will be prohibited.
- Candidates have to bring their own hand sanitizer, mask, gloves, transparent water bottle, ball pen.
- It is also important to bring all the documents – admit card, ID proof – as mentioned in the NMAT 2021 admit card.
- Only the admit card with the original id card will be valid.
- Electronic devices, jewellery, etc., inside the exam center, will not be allowed.
Institutes Participating in NMAT 2021
NMAT is the postgraduate entrance exam conducted by the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) to provide admission into MBA courses at 41 B-Schools across India, and 10 in South Africa, 8 in the Philippines, and 6 in Nigeria.
Listed below are the different colleges/institutes accepting NMAT 2021 Scores:
NMAT Exam 2021: Exam Cities
NMAT Exam 2021 is going to be held at 66 Exam Centres in 52 cities and also have 4 International exam centers. Candidates can choose the city according to their ease at the time of registration:
Domestic Exam Centers
International Test Centers
FAQ Concerning NMAT 2021
Q1. Are calculators allowed in the online entrance exam?
A1. No, calculators will not be allowed in the examination.
Q2. Is there any negative marking in NMAT 2021 exam?
A2. NMAT 2021 does not contain any negative marking for the wrong answer.
Q3. Is there any upper age limit to give the NMAT?
A3. There is no age limit with regard to the NMAT as per the official notice.
Q4. Can I appear for the NMAT 2021 offline?
A4. No, the NMAT will be taken only in the online mode. No other mode of examination is conducted.
Q5. What are the preparation tips for NMAT 2021?
A5. Some planning tips for NMAT 2021 were listed below:
- Establish a planning schedule and observe it daily.
- Know the design and curriculum of your test.
- Remove from the relevant topics your simple concepts.
- Make short notes and revise the topics every day.
- Candidates will also obtain assistance from the question paper and reference papers from the previous year.
- Take note of your wellbeing and daily yoga.
Best wishes to all the NMAT 2021 aspirants from the CollegeMarg Team!