About NATA 2021
NATA is a national-level examination, also known as National Aptitude Test for Architecture is the gateway examination for architectural aspirants throughout the country. The exam is conducted every year by The Council of Architecture (CoA). The official information of this examination is expected to be released by The Council of Architecture (CoA) on the official website for the NATA. The NATA is conducted twice a year.
The CoA makes sure that candidates from all over the country can apply for admission in the 5-year B.Arch courses in institutions across the country without having to appear for multiple admission tests. Candidates should apply separately to the institute of their choice for admission for the undergraduate course in Architecture after they have qualified the examination. More than 30,000 candidates appeared for NATA in the previous years.
NATA Exam 2021: Key Element
NATA Important Dates 2021 Exam
Important dates for the NATA 2021 exam, such as application form, admit card, exam, and result, are listed below. Candidates must go through the dates related to the NATA exam from the table mentioned below:
Eligibility Criteria for NATA 2021
Before beginning to fill the application for the NATA 2021, it is advised that the candidates go through the following eligibility criteria to avoid the rejection or cancellation of the application form:
- Candidate should pass the 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics as a compulsory subject or 10+3 Diploma with Mathematics as a compulsory subject or equivalent examination.
- Minimum Percentage: Candidate must have a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in PCM, i.e., and also attain a minimum of at least 50% marks in aggregate of their 10+2 level examination or passed a 10+3 Diploma Examination with Mathematics as a compulsory subject with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.
- Appearing Candidates: Candidates that are yet to appear or are appearing for the 10+2 examination in the current year will also be allowed to provisionally appear in the exam.
Note: Direct lateral admission is not allowed at any other year of any B.Arch. course based on any qualification.
NATA Exam Registration Process 2021
NATA Exam 2021 registration process commences on 05th March 2021 for both the papers, which lasts till 01st April 2021 for the first Paper and 30th May 2021 for the second paper. All the candidates who want to participate in the exam must need to apply for the exam by filling the application form through the official website of the NATA. It is an online process that involves some of the following steps:
Step 1: Registration
- Firstly, you have to visit the official website of NATA – Click Here
- Now click on the link that reads NATA-2021 Registration it will redirect you to the application page.
- If you are not registered yet click on the Sign Up button and fill in all the details that is required for doing registration such as Name, parent's name, DOB, etc.
- After this, you will be provided with the system generated Application Number.
- Note down this number for the remaining application process.
Step 2: Fill NATA online application form 2021
- Re-login using this system generated Application Number and password.
- Fill in all the details
Step 3: Upload Documents
- Upload the scanned photograph (4Kb – 100 Kb jpg/jpeg format).
- Upload the scanned signature (1 to 30 KBjpg/jpeg format).
- PwD certificate (Upto 1 MB jpg/jpeg format).
Step 4: Fee Payment
- After clicking Save & Next, the fee payment page will be redirected.
- Choose payment mode (Canara Bank/ICICI Bank/Paytm Payment Gateway through Net Banking/Debit Card/Credit Card/UPI/Wallet).
Step 5: Final Submission
- After completing all the steps mentioned above candidates will have to do the final submission of the TS EAMCET application form.
- Don’t forget to download the filled-in application form.
NATA Exam Pattern 2021
NATA 2021 exam is going to be a computer-based online exam, its question paper will contain 125 questions from the subjects, i.e., Drawing, PCM, and General Aptitude.
Syllabus for NATA 2021
The syllabus for NATA 2021 has been designed to examine the observation and drawing abilities, aesthetic sensitivity, sense of proportion, and Mathematical ability of the examinees. It also tests critical thinking ability. Candidates should also study the 11th and 12th class syllabus.
NATA Drawing Test Syllabus 2021
NATA Physics Syllabus 2021
NATA Chemistry Syllabus 2021
NATA Mathematics Syllabus 2021
NATA General Aptitude Syllabus 2021
Objects, texture related to architecture and the built environment. Interpretation of pictorial compositions, Visualizing three-dimensional objects from two-dimensional drawing. Visualizing different sides of 3D objects. Analytical reasoning, mental ability (visual, numerical, and verbal), General awareness of national/international architects, and famous architectural creations.
Mathematical reasoning: Statements, logical operations like and, or, if and only if, implies, implied by. Understanding of tautology, converse, contradiction, and contrapositive.
Sets and Relations: Idea of sets, subsets, power set, complement, union, intersection and difference of sets, Venn diagram, De Morgan's Laws, Relation and its properties. Equivalence relation — definition and elementary examples.
Preparation Tips for NATA 2021
Candidates should go through the following preparation tips and follow them to score well in the NATA examination.
- It is suggested that candidates should go through the complete exam pattern and syllabus designed by the officials.
- Candidates should also solve previous year question papers and sample papers to get exposed to the different types of questions and the examination pattern while also getting used to the time restrictions.
- Candidates should also remember to make an efficient study timetable that gives them the right amount of time to prepare without getting stressed out. They should make sure they follow it regularly.
- Another essential factor to remember is that candidates should maintain a fit and healthy mind and body during the preparation as well as a few days before the examination.
- Along with working towards their strategy for the exam, applicants should also, watch out for simple mistakes they can make at the time of the exam. From carrying the appropriate documents, reaching the examination centre on time, to avoiding calculation errors, all these are small things every applicant should keep in mind.
- Keep the time limitations in mind. It is advised that the applicant should not spend too much time on a single question but also not rush through the questions as it could cause panic.
- Skip the questions that require more time is the cleverer thing to do compared to playing a guessing game as the examination does have a negative marking scheme.
Books for the preparation of NATA 2021
- Study Guide for B.Arch 2020
- NATA Exam Full Package
- NATA Preparation: Road to Becoming An Architect Begins Here
- NATA/B.Arch Architecture Entrance Question Bank
- NATA Mock Test Series 2020-21
- NATA & B.Arch Complete Self Study Material: Entrance Examination
FAQs Associated to NATA Exam
Q1. Where do I appear for the NATA?
A1. The examination centers are allotted in a way that candidates across the country will attend the examination in any of the state capitals and also to the other cities. Exam cities will be decided on the basis of the choices given by the candidate during the filling in of the application form.
Q2. What is the expected passing score of NATA?
A2. As per the COA (Council of Architecture) regulations, candidates that are applying to any school or college of architecture in India need to attain the qualifying marks for NATA-2021 that would be based on the following regulations:
- At least 25% must be secured in the MCQ portion, i.e., around 30 out of 120
- At least 25% must be secured in the Drawing portion, i.e., around 20 out of 80
- Overall qualifying marks should be around 70 out of 200
Q3. I need some guidance to prepare for the drawing sections in the NATA & JEE exam?
A3. There are several coaching institutes across the nation. These institutes offer classes that help you in developing sketching and perspective drawing skills. These classes are taken by some of the well experienced tutors.
Q4. Does the 12th percentage matter in NATA?
A4. Yes, 12th marks matter in getting into colleges with a NATA score.
Best Wishes to all NATA Candidates from the Collegemarg Team!