About JEE Mains 2021
The Joint Entrance Examination, popularly recognized as the JEE Mains, is a national level examination conducted every year for candidates looking to pursue their degrees such as Bachelors in Technology/Engineering, Bachelors in Planning, and Bachelors in Architecture in premier institutes such as IIITs (Indian Institute of Information Technology), NITs (National Institute of Technology) and several other CFTIs (Centrally Funded Technical Institutions) all over the country.
Out of all the candidates that take up the challenge to write this examination, only the top 2.5 lakh rankers are further eligible to participate in the JEE Advanced (Joint Entrance Examination Advanced) also to get admitted into the prestigious IITs (Indian Institute Technology) if they qualify.
The seat allocation and counselling procedure are conducted by an authority called JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority). This counselling process includes all the institutes such as IITs, NITs, IIITs, and CFTIs, and last year there were about 107 institutes that were a part of the counseling procedure.
JEE Mains 2021 Important Exam Updates
JEE Mains 2021 Important Dates (Phase 3)
JEE Mains 2021 Important Dates (Phase 4)
JEE Mains 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- B.Tech Courses: Candidates who want to pursue B.E./B.Tech must have passed the 10+2 exam from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics (PCM) as core subjects with a minimum aggregate marks criteria provided by the examining authority of government, universities/institutes, etc.
- B.Arch Courses: Candidates who want to pursue B.E./B.Tech must have passed the 10+2 exam from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics (PCM) as core subjects with a minimum aggregate marks criteria provided by the examining authority of government, universities/institutes, etc.
- B.Plan Course: Candidates who want to pursue B.E./B.Tech must have passed the 10+2 exam from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics (PCM) as core subjects with a minimum aggregate marks criteria provided by the examining authority of government, universities/institutes, etc.
- There is no specified age limit to apply for the JEE Main for any candidate as far as they have passed their 12th or equivalent in the past two years.
- Candidates that are yet to appear for their 12th or equivalent examination in 2021 will also be eligible to apply for the JEE Main examination.
- Any candidate can participate in this examination for 3 consecutive years. The test is conducted Four times annually.
JEE Mains 2021 Applications Process
- First, the candidate is supposed to visit the official website for the JEE mains 2021 – www.jeemain.nta.nic.in
- The applicant can then register on the website using the necessary details such as name, mobile number, and email address.
- Further, the applicant is supposed to fill in the application form provided on the website with their accurate information, such as their personal and educational details.
- The candidate is also supposed to upload scanned documents such as their photograph and their signature.
- Finally, the candidate must pay the application fees online.
JEE Mains 2021 Application Fees
- Paper 1 - B.E./B.Tech
- Paper 2A - B.Arch
- Paper 2B - B.Planning
JEE Mains 2021 Timing of Examination
JEE Mains 2021 Marking Scheme
JEE Mains 2021 Syllabus/Subjects
The Joint Entrance Examination is known worldwide because of its complexity and aspirants start preparing for it almost 2 years in advance, mostly when they are in high schools. The examination mainly consists of three subjects, including Maths, Physics, and Chemistry. The JEE mains has the basic NCERT syllabus of the three subjects, but it is not as simple as it may sound because there is a vast competition. There are more than 11 lakh candidates that write this examination off which only 2.5 lakh get shortlisted.
The syllabus details are mentioned below:
Sets, relations and functions, Complex number and quadratic equations, matrices and determinants, Permutations and combinations, Limit, continuity and differentiability, Integrals Calculus, Mathematical induction, Binomial theorem and its simple applications, Sequences and series, Differential equations, Co-ordinate geometry, Three-dimensional geometry, Vector algebra, Statistics and probability, Trigonometry, Mathematical reasoning
Physics and measurements, Kinematics, Work, energy and power, Laws of Motion, , Rotational Motion, Gravitation, Properties of solids and liquids, Thermodynamics, Electrostatics, Current electricity, Magnetic effects of current and magnetism, Kinetics theory of gases, Oscillations and Waves, Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents, Optics, Dual nature of matter and radiation, Atoms and nuclei, Electronic devices, Communications system, Experimental skills
Some basic concepts in chemistry, Chemical kinetics, Surface chemistry, Classification of elements and periodicity in properties, Chemical thermodynamics, States of matter, Atomic structure, Chemical bonding and molecular structure, Solutions, Equilibrium, Redox reactions and electrochemistry, General principles and Process of Isolation of Metals, Hydrogen, S - block elements - alkaline and alkali earth metals, P - block elements, P - block elements - group 13 elements, P - block elements - group 14 elements, P - block elements - group 15 elements, P - block elements - group 16 elements, P - block elements - group 17 elements, P - block elements - group 18 elements, D and F - block elements, Co-ordinations compound, Environmental chemistry, Purification and characteristics of organic compounds, Organic compounds containing oxygen, Organic compounds containing nitrogen, Some basic principles of organic chemistry, Hydrocarbons, Organic compounds containing halogens, Polymers, Biomolecules, Chemistry in everyday life, Principles related to practical chemistry
Topics-Number of Questions
JEE Mains 2021 Exam Rules
- Candidates should check the details on their JEE Main 2021 admit card carefully before the day of the exam. Details such as their Name, Paper name, Date of Birth, Gender, Test Centre Name, City, State Code of Eligibility, and Category. In case of any type of discrepancy, the candidate must immediately contact the JEE Main conducting authority.
- In cases where any candidate is not able to access their admit card, they need to contact the JEE Main helpline and inform the administration about the issues clearly and give them the details of the application number and name.
- The provisional JEE Main 2021 admit card is issued to the candidate if they have satisfied the eligibility conditions.
- The admit card of JEE Main 2021 is a crucial document to be carried by the candidates to the examination center. Along with the admit card, the candidate is also supposed to carry the following documents compulsorily:
- One passport size photograph (this photograph must be the same as uploaded with the online application form of JEE Main 2021). The photograph must be clear as it will get pasted on the attendance sheet at the test center.
- Any of the original valid photo ID proof (government-issued) such as PAN card, Driving License, Voter ID, Passport, Aadhaar card with photograph, E-Aadhar, Ration Card, Aadhaar enrollment number with photo.
- PwD certificate issued by the authorities, if applicable to the particular candidate.
Best JEE Mains Preparation Books
The books for JEE Main 2021 for Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics are meant to be the cement for the concepts. Once the preparation is in a decent flow, the candidate can use the concepts learned with a good amount of practice for appearing for the examination in a well-prepared manner. You can find the list of good books you can use for your preparation for the JEE mains 2021 here below:
Books for Physics Preparation for JEE Mains 2021
- Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday, Resnick & Walker
- Concepts of Physics - Volume. 1 and 2, by H.C Verma
- Understanding Physics by Mr. DC Pandey (Arihant Publications): Set of books include - Electricity & Magnetism, Mechanics (Volumes. 1 & 2), Optics & Modern Physics, Waves & Thermodynamics
- Problems in General Physics by Mr. I.E Irodov
- Understanding physics by Freedman and Young
- Problems in physics by SS Krotov
- Problems and Solution of Physics by Shashi Bhushan Tiwari
Books for Chemistry Preparation for JEE Mains 2021
- Most questions are asked directly from the NCERT textbook, so one should not neglect them
- Modern Approach to Chemical Calculations by R.C. Mukherjee
- Organic Chemistry by O P Tandon
- Concept of Physical Chemistry by P Bahadur
- Concise Inorganic Chemistry by J D Lee
- Physical Chemistry by P.W. Atkins
- Organic Chemistry by Morrison & Boyd
Books for Mathematics Preparation for JEE Mains 2021
- Plane Trigonometry by Mr. S L Loney
- The Elements of Coordinate Geometry by Mr. S L Loney
- Algebra by S K Goyal (Arihant Publications)
- Play with Graphs by Mr. Amit M Agarwal (Arihant Publications)
- Differential Calculus by Mr. Amit M Agarwal (Arihant Publications)
- Integral Calculus by Mr. Amit M Agarwal (Arihant Publications)
- Complete Mathematics for JEE Main TMH
Q. What is the age limit for JEE Mains 2021?
A. No. There is no age limit to apply for JEE Main exam.
Q. Is it compulsory to give the exam in both sessions of JEE Main 2021?
A. No. It is not mandatory. However, your evaluation is conducted on the basis of the score obtained in the session you give.
Q. How many times a student can appear in one year?
A candidate can appear for exam four times in a given year.
Q. How is the JEE Main exam different from the JEE Advanced exam?
A. The JEE Main exam is a preliminary examination conducted to test the knowledge and skill of a candidate and create a list of qualifying candidates for admission to various NITs, IIITs, and CFTIs and GFTIs. JEE Advanced exam, on the other hand, conducts the exam only for those candidates who qualify the JEE Main exam for admission to all the IIT institutions in India.
Best Wishes to all JEE Main Aspirants from the CollegeMarg Team!