About CMAT 2022
The CMAT or Common Management Admission Test is a national-level entrance exam held for admission to colleges and universities offering management courses like MBA and PGDM. The exam is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) once every year. The online exam is a way of getting admission into 1000+ colleges of AICTE approved universities. CMAT is conducted in a single session and all the processes from application to the conduct of the exam are online-based. The NTA conducted the CMAT 2021 exam at 245 centers in 104 Cities of 30 States or Union Territories.
All the management aspirants looking forward to pursuing the 2-year course of MBA/PGDM take up this entrance test. These courses are highly popular amongst undergraduates as they expose the aspirants to excellent jobs and entrepreneurial opportunities.
CMAT acts as a gateway to highly prestigious institutes such as the Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Ahmedabad, IIM Banglore, IIM Calcutta, FMS Delhi, IIFT Delhi, NITIE Mumbai, XLRI Jamshedpur, SP Jain Institute of Management and Research, and many more. India is a house to 651 public and 3861 private such B-schools.
CMAT Exam 2022: Key Element
|Full-Form||Common Management Admission Test|
|Conducting Authority||National Testing Agency|
|Number of CMAT Exam Per Year||01|
|Exam Difficulty Level||Moderate to Difficult|
|Numbers of Questions||100|
1000 INR (General Female))
CMAT Exam 2022: Important Dates
|Registration begins||December 23, 2020|
|Registration closes||January 22, 2021|
|Last date for fee payment of CMAT 2022 application form||January 23, 2021|
|Image Correction||January 25, 2021 to January 30, 2021|
|Admit Card Download||To Be Announced|
|CMAT 2022 Exam||February
February 27, 2021
|CMAT Answer Key Release||To be announced|
|Announcement of Result||To be announced|
CMAT Exam 2022: Registration Process
CMAT 2022 registration process is expected to start by the end of November 2020 or the first week of December 2020. The CMAT admit cards are likely to be issued in the fourth week of December.
Below are given detailed steps to complete your CMAT registration:
Step 1: Apply for online registration
- Open the official website of CMAT NTA.
- Click on “Fill application form” to create your account.
- It shall open up the page of CMAT 2022 registration.
- Enter the correct name, date of birth, age, city, email ID, password, and mobile phone number.
- Click on the Submit button.
- When you submit, a 12-digit application number shall display on your screen.
- Submit other academic information.
Step 2: Upload passport-sized photo and signature
- After completing the online registration, you need to upload the scanned copy of the photo and signature.
- Use scanning apps such as Camera Scanner to scan your photo and signature.
- The passport size photograph should be of size 10kb to 200kb in JPG/JPEG format.
- The scanned signature needs to be sized between 4kb to 30kb in JPD/JPEG format.
- Adjust the file size according to the prescribed sizes.
- Upload them.
Note: The size of the photograph and signature can be adjusted simply by the use of ms-paint.
Step 3: Pay fees
You can pay the fees through credit/debit card, UPI/Paytm, or Net banking. As the fee varies for various categories, the candidates are required to pay special attention to this step.
Category-wise Application fee
|General (Male)||Rs 2000/-|
|General (Female)||Rs 1000/-|
Step 4: Select the exam centers
- The aspirants are required to choose 4 cities in their vicinity where they can appear in the exam.
- The exam center choices cannot be edited once the form is submitted.
- The finally allocated test city cannot be changed.
Step 5: Download confirmation page
After all the above steps are done, a page shall appear on your screen that acknowledges the submission of the fee and application. It is a must for the candidates to download this page for future references.
Documents required during registration
The candidates are required to have the below-enlisted documents at the time of registration:
- Signature on white paper
- Recent passport size photo (preferably with white background)
- Graduation mark sheet (if the results are already declared)
- Caste certificate (if the candidate belongs to a reserved category)
- PWD/DA certificate (if applicable)
- Class 10 mark sheet
- Class 12 mark sheet
CMAT Exam 2022: Eligibility
For pursuing a management program such as MBA, PGDM, and others, through CMAT Exam 2022:
- The candidate must have a recognized bachelor's degree with a minimum duration of 3 years.
- The candidate is also required to obtain at least 50% marks on the qualifying exam from a recognized institute/university.
- Reserved category students (SC, ST, PWD) are required only 45% in the qualifying examination.
There are certain eligibility criteria a person has to follow to take up the CMAT:
|Nationality||The aspirant must be an Indian citizen.|
|Age bar||There is no age limit to appear in CMAT.|
|Academic-I||Graduates in any discipline are eligible to apply for CMAT.|
|Academic-II||Final year students whose results have not been declared yet are also eligible to apply for the CMAT exam.|
CMAT Exam 2022: Exam Layout
All the questions in the CMAT are Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs). The exam duration is 3 hours in which the candidates are expected to attempt 100 questions.
- The exam consists of 4 sections which have 25 questions each.
- Each question carries 4 marks.
- The total/maximum marks thus become 400.
- A right answer gets a candidate 4 marks.
- A wrong answered deducts 1 mark.
- No marks are added or deducted for an unattempted question.
- It is not compulsory to attempt all the questions.
|Section 1||Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation||25||100|
|Section 2||Logical Reasoning||25||100|
|Section 3||Language Comprehension||25||100|
|Section 4||General Awareness||25||100|
CMAT Exam 2022: Selection Procedure
The CMAT exam process consists of 4 steps.
Step 1: CMAT written exam
The exam is likely to be conducted on February 27-28, 2021. Consisting of 4 sections and 100 questions, it is a 3-hour duration exam that tests the candidates on various grounds.
Step 2: CMAT result announcement
The results of the CMAT written exam determine whether the candidates will be eligible for further examination processes. The aspirants who qualify for the CMAT written test are eligible for further steps:
- Group Discussion (GD)
- Personal Interaction (PI)
- Writing Ability Test (WAT)
Step 3: GD, PI, and WAT
The AICTE approved institutes or colleges that accept the CMAT score invite the qualifying students for GD, PI, and WAT rounds. This selection process is unique to respective colleges.
Step 4: Final merit list announcement
The above rounds namely - Group discussion, Writing ability test, Personal interview, finally determine whether the candidate will get admitted to the college. Months and sometimes, years of hard works finally pays off when a candidate gets into his/her dream B-school.
CMAT Exam 2022: Syllabus
CMAT is a single session exam that evaluates the undergraduate students based on 4 sections, i.e., Quantitative Technique, Logical Reasoning, Language Comprehension, and General Awareness.
There are various sub-topics under each main division that the aspirants have to study. Check out the proper sections and topics breakdown below:
Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation Syllabus
|Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation|
|Tabulation, Pie Chart, Bar Chart, Line Graph||Probability||Quadratic and linear equations|
|Graph||Simple Interest and Compound Interest||Percentages|
|Averages||Geometry||Profit and Loss|
|Mensuration||Literature||Current Affairs of National and International Economy|
|History||Sports News||Science in everyday life|
|Economics||Trade Awareness||Personalities in News|
Logical Reasoning Syllabus
|Analytical Reasoning||Cause and Effects||Non-Verbal Reasoning|
|Linear Arrangements||Analogy Test||Symbol Based Problems|
|Statements Arguments||Blood Relationship Tests||Direction and Distance Test|
|Statements and Conclusion||Number Series||Statements Assumptions|
|Inferences||Matrix Arrangements||Ranking Tests|
|Coding and Decoding||Sequencing|
Language Comprehension Syllabus
|English Grammar||Paragraph Completion||Sentence Improvement|
|English Usage Errors||Synonyms and Antonyms||Reading Comprehension|
|One-word Substitution||Jumbled Para||Idioms and Phrases|
General Awareness Syllabus
|Literature||Current Affairs of National and International Economy||History|
|Sports News||Science in everyday life||Politics|
|Trade Awareness||Personalities in News||Indian Constitution|
The aspirants need to know about all the above-mentioned topics to get a decent rank in the CMAT test.
CMAT Exam 2022: Exam Rules
After months of hard work and preparation, when finally the exam day comes, the candidates are advised to follow every exam rule to make sure nothing goes haywire. There are certain exam rules and guidelines every management aspirant needs to follow:
- Candidates are strictly instructed to not carry any personal belongings such as – Mobile phones, calculators, tape recorder, camera, geometry box, pencil box, paper, pen, handbags, purse, and any kind of edibles.
- If any candidate indulges in any unfair examination practices, he/she shall be disqualified from the examination.
CMAT Exam 2022: Exam Cities
CMAT Exam 2022 is going to be held at 152 Exam Centres in 35 cities in India. Tabulated below is the list of exam centers with codes.
|State||City Code – City|
|Andaman and Nicobar||AN01 – Port Blair|
AP10 – Kurnool
AP11 – Nellore
AP13 – Rajahmundry
AP16 – Tirupathi
AP17 – Vijayawada
AP18 – Visakhapatnam
|Arunachal Pradesh||AL01 – Itanagar/Naharlagun|
AM02 – Guwahati
BR04 – Darbhanga
BR05 – Gaya
BR06 – Muzaffarpur
BR07 – Patna
|Chandigarh/Mohali||CH01 – Chandigarh/Mohali|
– Bhilai Nagar/Durg|
CG03 – Raipur
|Delhi||DL01 – Delhi|
|Goa||GO01 – Panaji|
GJ02 – Anand
GJ03 – Bhavnagar
GJ17 – Bhuj
GJ14 – Himatnagar
GJ06 – Jamnagar
GJ08 – Mehsana
GJ10 – Rajkot
GJ11 – Surat
GJ12 – Vadodara GJ13 – Valsad/Vapi
HR01 – Faridabad
HR01 – Gurugram
HR01 – Hissar
HP03 – Hamirpur
HP06 – Shimla
HP07 – Solan
|Jammu||JK02 – Jammu|
|Jammu and Kashmir||JK04 – Srinagar|
JH03 – Jamshedpur
JH04 – Ranchi
– Belagavi (Belgaum)|
KK04 – Bengaluru
KK10 – Dharwad/Hubballi (Hubli)
KK08 – Gulbarga
KK12 – Mangaluru (Mangalore)
KK14 – Mysuru (Mysore)
KK17 – Udupi/Manipal
KL11 – Kottayam
KL12 – Kozhikode
KL17 – Thiruvananthapuram
KL18 – Thrissur
|Ladakh||LL01 – Leh|
|Lakshwadeep||LD01 – Kavaratti|
MP06 – Gwalior
MP07 – Indore
MP08 – Jabalpur
MP12 – Sagar
MR03 – Amravati
MR04 – Aurangabad
MR10 – Dhule
MR14 – Kolhapur
MR16 – Mumbai/Navi Mumbai
MR17 – Nagpur
MR18 – Nanded
MR19 – Nashik
MR22 – Pune
MR27 – Solapur
MR28 – Thane
|Manipur||MN01 – Imphal|
|Meghalaya||MG01 – Shillong|
|Mizoram||MZ01 – Aizawl|
NL02 – Kohima
– Balasore (Baleswar)|
OR03 – Berhampur-Ganjam
OR18 – Bhawanipatna/Kalahandi
OR04 – Bhubaneswar
OR19 – Jeypore/Koraput
OR09 – Sambalpur
|Puducherry||PO01 – Puducherry|
PB02 – Bhatinda
PB05 – Ludhiana
PB08 – Patiala/Fatehgarh Sahib
RJ07 – Jodhpur
RJ08 – Kota
RJ09 – Sikar
RJ11 – Udaipur
TN02 – Coimbatore
TN08 – Madurai
TN14 – Tiruchirappalli
TN15 – Tirunelveli
TL02 – Karimnagar
TL07 – Warangal
|Tripura||TA01 – Agartala|
UP02 – Aligarh
UP03 – Allahabad/Prayagraj
UP25 – Ambedkar Nagar
UP19 – Azamgarh
UP20 – Ballia
UP26 – Banda
UP27 – Barabanki
UP04 – Bareilly
UP28 – Basti
UP21 – Bijnor
UP29 – Bulandshahr
UP41 – Chandauli
UP30 – Deoria
UP31 – Etawah
UP06 – Faizabad
UP22 – Firozabad
UP07 – Ghaziabad
UP23 – Ghazipur
UP08 – Gorakhpur
UP32 – Jalaun (Orai)
UP24 – Jaunpur
UP10 – Jhansi
UP11 – Kanpur
UP33 – Kushinagar
UP34 – Lakhimpur Kheri
UP12 – Lucknow
UP13 – Mathura
UP35 – Mau
UP14 – Meerut
UP36 – Mirzapur
UP15 – Moradabad
UP16 – Muzaffarnagar
UP09 – Noida/G Noida
UP43 – Pratapgarh
UP37 – Raebareili
UP38 – Saharanpur
UP39 – Shahjanpur
UP42 – Sonbhadra
UP40 – Sultanpur
UP18 – Varanasi
UK02 – Haldwani
UK06 – Roorkee
WB11 – Siliguri
Best CMAT Preparation Books
Choosing the right books for the preparation is the most important step to confirm your success in the CMAT exam. A good set of books is going to give you the best and most authentic information.
The recommended books for CMAT 2022 are as follows:
Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation
- Quantitative Aptitude- Arun Sharma
- Quantitative Aptitude for MBA Entrance- Abhijit Guha
- Data Analysis & Interpretation Data Sufficiency- Think Tank of Kiran Prakashan
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations- RS Agarwal
- Quantitative Ability-Nishit Sinha
- Accredited Guide to Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency -Anant Ashish
- Logical and Analytical Reasoning- Ashok Gupta
- A modern approach to logical reasoning- RS Agarwal
- Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation for CAT/CMAT - Nishit Sinha
- How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning for CAT/CMAT- Arun Sharma
- Guide to Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning- Pearson Publication
- Objective General English 10,000+ questions- R.S. Aggarwal
- Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension- Arun Sharma
- Word Power Made Easy- Norman Lewis
- How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension?- Arun Sharma, Meenakshi Upadhyay
- Business English and Communication- Clark
- General Knowledge 2020- Arihant Experts
- General Knowledge 2021-Manohar Pandey
- General Knowledge- Dishha Experts
- Face to Face MAT/CMAT with 19 Years (1997-2016) -BS Sijwali
FAQ Concerning CMAT 2022
Q1. How exactly does one take up the exam in computer-based format?
A1. The computer-based format is in many ways similar to the pen and paper format. The only thing that differentiates the computer-based format from the paper-based format is that the candidates see the questions on their computer screens and click on the right answer.
Q2. What is the exam duration?
A2. The exam is 3 hours or 180 minutes long.
Q3. Can I go back to the previously attempted sections?
A3. Yes, you can.
Q4. Can I change the preferred city?
A4. Once submitted, the city preferences cannot be edited.
Q5. Are the fees refundable?
A5. No, the fee is non-refundable.
Q6. Are the questions MCQs?
A6. Yes, the questions are multiple-choice based.
Q7. Will I get a paper for rough work?
A7. Yes, the candidates are provided with a paper for rough work and calculations.
Q8. How can I pay the examination fee?
A8. The examination fee can only be paid through debit/credit card, Net banking, and Paytm/UPI. Cheques or Demand drafts are not accepted.
Q9. What is the age limit for the CMAT exam?
A9. There is no age restriction for appearing in the CMAT.
Q10. How many times is CMAT conducted in a year?
A10. The exam is only conducted once a year in January. But due to current pandemic situations, the exam is postponed to be held likely in February 2021.
Q11. Do we have breaks in between?
A11. No, the exam is only 3 hours long and no breaks are provided in between.
Best wishes to all the CMAT 2021 aspirants from the CollegeMarg Team!