Jadavpur University - In 1910, the Society that looked after Bengal Technical Institute (later known as College of Engineering & Technology, Bengal) was blended with NCE (National Council of Education), for the advertising of Technical Education in Bengal. By 1940, the College of Engineering and Technology had practically started working as a University, was now looked after by the National Council of Education. Later after Independence, on the 24th of December 1955, the Government of West Bengal, with unanimity with the Government of India, passed the necessary legislation start the setting up of Jadavpur University.

With a broad repertory of courses offered, a privileged list of faculty members and being known for its promise towards the advanced study and research, Jadavpur University has well- established itself as the number one Indian University.